update 12.60 is finally live, and, while it may be one of the last big patches for Season 2, it doesn’t do much from a gameplay perspective. Spy Games continues with the Operation Infiltration playlist, and some new weapons have been added to Party Royale. The patch notes arrive courtesy of press releases and blog posts from Epic Games.
Fortnite Update 12.60 Patch Note Highlights
- Spy Games – Operation Infiltration: Extract the Intel Case from the defending team’s turf or prevent your case from reaching the invading team’s destination.
- Dynamic Resolution on iOS: The opt-in feature allows you to hit a target framerate by scaling resolution. It can be turned off in Video Settings.
- Party Royale Weapons: The Grappler and Jetpack arrive.
Fortnite Creative 12.60
- FIxed an issue where some Creative Islands would have a seam running down the middle of them when playing/building on mobile devices.
- Fixed some issues where some teammate chevrons would not show up over players while in game.
- Fixed an issue where players are able to spawn chest on other islands.
- Fixed an issue where players can interact with a second matchmaking portals while party leader is waiting for the rest of the party to ready up.
- Fixed an issue where backfilled players are spawned into the game when Join In Progress is set to Spectate.
- Fixed an issue where the island code is not saved when entered into the matchmaking portal on console.
- Fixed an issue where players are not split into even teams when joining a creative server in a party of fpur or more.
- Fixed an issue where End Round When Receiving From does not function on Round Settings device if it is not triggered by a player instigated method.
- Fixed an issue where the player can use the Shadow Bomb to make themselves permanently invisible.
- Fixed an issue where the player nameplates are not showing for island owners.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed an issue where deleted Proximity Mines would be counted towards the maximum allotment for an island.
- Fixed an issue where weapon wraps would not consistently get applied to the Flashlight Pistol.
- Fixed an issue where the player is unable to aim horizontally while inside the cannon.
Creative Tools + Phone
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to push or pull items closer to them when placing them via the quickbar.
- Fixed an issue where free v bucks generator Player Built Structures would turn invisible when cutting them with the phone tool and quickly switching to the pickaxe.
- Fixed an issue where prefabs placed with quick bar do not drop when Drops is turned on.
- Fixed an issue where some prefabs and galleries are larger than indicated by the preview.
- Fixed an issue where the phone tool cut button copies when double clicked.
- Fixed an issue where there is no audio feedback when placing a prefab or gallery from the quickbar.
- Fixed an issue where the cost preview amount is inconsistent with the actual amount of memory used in the Thermometer.
Prefabs & Galleries
- Brown Cliff Snow Gallery was renamed to Gray Cliff Snow Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where player clipping would occur on the Plane Wing, from the Plane Gallery.
- Fixed an issue where the Lab Tunnel would show grass clipping through it.
- Fixed an issue where weak points do not appear on some Monster Skull Gallery assets.
- Fixed an issue where Perception Triggers would remain triggered if a player is eliminated while in sight of them.
- Fixed an issue where Capture Area VFX would continue to show when the device is disabled.
- Fixed an issue where players would be unable to aim the cannon horizontally while inside the cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the ‘End Round when Receiving From’ receiver on the Round Settings device would not function if the message received was not sent by a player.
- Fixed an issue where the Hologram would not always load the customized options chosen by the player.
- Fixed an issue where the Hologram would never show its projector after first being placed. This will now always appear during edit mode and optionally during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue where the Item Spawner Plate holograms do not cycle if exactly two items are inside.
- Fixed an issue where Billboards would sometimes lose their text while viewed in replay mode.
- This was partially related to extremely large numbers of billboards being used in some islands. To help reduce this, we’ve added drop-shadow and outline options to the billboard to avoid Creators needing to duplicate billboards to achieve the same effects.
- Fixed an issue where the HUD device was displaying messages in all capital letters
- Fixed an issue where the Harvester Multiplier option in the Class Designer does not override My Island settings.
- Fixed an issue where the Capture Area VFX was showing even when disabled.
Fortnite update 12.60 might be the game’s last big patch of the season, and, as such, it looks like Epic has used the download as an opportunity to polish up a few lingering issues before Season 3 arrives. Operation Infiltration sounds like a fun time, though, if you like the idea of playing Capture the Flag in Fortnite. Folks in Fortnite Creative have been making CTF maps for a while now, but it’s nice to see Epic embrace the idea in an official way. The mode may not be for everyone, but at least it gives players something to do. Speaking of Creative, the addition of Props in certain Galleries is always appreciated as well.
Given that update 12.60 arrives so close to the end of the Battle Pass, we imagine there are more secrets hiding within these files that can’t be accessed yet. After all, it seems certain Epic has a new live event in the works, and, with the Season 3 aquatic theme pretty well established, we have to imagine some highly anticipated map-flooding hijinks are in order. Until that day comes, however, you’ll have to be satisfied with this lame duck of a 12.60 update.
Fortnite is available now on PS4, Xbox One, Switch, PC and mobile.
What do you think of Fortnite update 12.60 based on these patch notes? Are you excited for Operation Infiltration? Tell us in the comments section!